I want to carve a niche for myself where originality and simplicity of ideas rule the roost and creativity and concept becomes a distinguish hall mark in a market driven corporate world.
With 19+ years of experience, my core expertise is integration of different media (Photography, Design, Web, Multimedia, Print and Broadcast). I have been architecting and optimizing work flow with creative and technical expertise as well as sharing our experience in Education field of Visual communication.
Conceptualizing virtual reality tour for innovative and technically sound multimedia presentation since 1996.
Worked as Senior Graphic Designer with NDTV for 12 years.
Responsible for designing and formatting of news based programmes, bulletins and special shows and web designing for www.ndtv.com and www.doctorndtv.com.
Successful implementation of Flash-based graphics in broadcasting. Flash-based graphics are now being done on PCs so that hi-end, expensive machines are free for work that is really suited for them resulting in considerable savings. Channels using this technology implantation include NDTV 24×7, NDTV India, NDTV Metro Nation, NDTV Lifestyle, NDTV Profit, Astro Awani (Malaysia) and NDTV Arabia.
Graphic Designer, Indira Gandhi National Center for the Arts.
Worked on multimedia research project in collaboration with Xerox Corporation, Palo Alto Research Centre, California, USA on Geeta Govinda, among other projects.
Visualiser, Mudra Communication, New Delhi.
Visualisation for brands like Nestlé Milkmaid, Polo, Nestlé Chocolates,
Ruffles chips and JK Tyres.
Worked as evangelist for Corel
Conducted one-week training course on Corel Painter, on behalf of Corel Corp, for the faculty of NIFT, New Delhi and one day training course for Modern School Delhi.
Designed window displays for Parachute Oil, Nivea, 7o’Clock, Horlicks.
Photography assignments for HMV and Padmini Polymers.
-2006 CBA-IBC Award for Innovative Engineering with Flash.
-1996 Second prize, National Wildlife Photography Competition organised by the National Zoological Park, New Delhi.
-1995 First prize, Traffic Poster Competition organised by Delhi Traffic Police.
1996 Bachelor of Fine Art, Delhi College of Art.
1995 Diploma in Photography, Modern Institute Of Photography run by Shri T Kasinath, Padmashri awardee for photography.
Have integrated various design software in broadcasting for graphics delivery applications. Can work efficiently in PC and Apple environments on:
•Corel products like Corel Painter and Corel Draw
•Adobe products like Photoshop, Premier, After effects, Flash, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, ImageReady, PageMaker
•Broadcast software like Quantel Paintbox
•Erstwhile Macromedia products like Director, Action, FireWorks, Freehand
•Software like SoundforgeXP, Express, Exat-95 (authoring tool)
Familiar with 3D Studio Max, FCP Studio, Logic Pro, SoftImage, Orad Cyber Graphics, Avid Xpress DV and Pinnacle Liquid Edition etc
Associated with NDTV Labs team, responsible for developing integrated solutions like:
Click on the logo to view details on NDTVLabs web site
Paisa Vasool, FIR, Dial100, Gustakhi Maaf, Big Fight, World This Week, Hot Property, ravivaar, Kabardar, Takkar etc and Flash graphics templates for all channels.
NDTV and Astro, a leading South East Asia media group jointly launched a 24 hour news, infotainment and lifestyle channel called “Astro Awani” in Djakarta, Indonesia. Flash conversion of all graphics has been rendered by me.
Star News, Bollywood News, News Hours, Nation Wide, India Matters, Assignment, Star Business News, Limelight, Sports Tonight, Battle Ground (Election Special), Turning point (World Cup Cricket special), Big Fight, and Good Morning India.
Election 2009 for MAHAA Tv
India Breakfast News, Star News Sunday, Tango and Chupa Rustam. (Designed animated story graphics)
Moneywise, India Business Report
Kapil Dil Se
Developed Web Site Interface Design, including graphics Illustration and Photography(Ddoctorndtv) for:
Doctor NDTV Book series
Chupa Rustam (Diwali and New Year Special shows), Dr Morepen’s TANGO, Kapil Dil Se (Intro of Cricketers)’ Gustakhi Maaf
Successful implementation of Flash-based graphics in broadcasting resulting in considerable savings wherever work is done on expensive machines; Flash-based graphics are now being done on PCs so that
hi-end, expensivemachines are free for work that is really suited for them.
Now all the 6 channels of NDTV is on the process of converting into FLASH. Moreover my work in FLASH can be seen on NDTV’s UK, Arabia venture.( Weather World, Tickers etc.) and Astro Awani (Indonesia, Malaysia)
Simplified graphic flow for News section to save time. This includes saving one graphic in different sizes, shapes, locations and platforms.
Assisted in development of templates for fast generation of information across various programs.
May 1996 – Jun 1998 Graphic Designer (Indira Gandhi National Center for the Arts, New Delhi)
Worked as Designer / Authoring Assistant In a multimedia research project in collaboration with Xerox Corporation Palo Alto Research Center, California,USA on“GEETA GOVINDA”, directed by Dr.Kapila Vatsyayan.
a) Designing of Backdrops, Icons, Home Pages, Slides, and Brochures for an experimental interactive multimedia Exhibition bases on the twelfth Century dramatic lyrical poems by Jaidev.
b) Authoring for the above project.
c) MPEG Digitization and Digital Editing at
Other Multimedia CD ROM Projects
Worked as a visualiser in Mudra Communication handling some National Clients in Creative department.
– Milkmaid, 15 sec. Promo TVC (Copy Writing & Story Board)
– Chocolate (Gift Packs)
– Polo (Packaging, Hoardings & Copy Writing)
– Ruffles (Packaging & Hoardings)
– Radio Jingle (Copy Writing)
-Copy Writing For “BSES” Campaign.
-Copy Writing For “NDPL” (North Delhi Power Limited) Campaign.
-Copy Writing For “PRISM CEMENT” Campaign.
Developed Web Site:
Developed Interactive CD ROM For:
- DART, GENESIS PR, INDO-EUROPEAN CREDIT GUARANTEE (P) Ltd.
- STEEL KINGDOM
- Presentation for BJP Chintan Shivir (2003)
- Done various photographic assignments for H.M.V., Padmini Polymers Ltd.
- Catalogue for 21 ARTIST (Painting Exhibition)
- Worked as a freelance artist in Rajiv Gandhi Foundation Music Festival with RPG Enterprises (1996-97)
- Conference Kit for RPG Enterprises.
- Window Display For Parachute Brand Coconut Oil, Nivea, 7’O Clock, Horlicks.
- Invitation Card for – H.M.V.(SANGAM- By Nusarat Fateh Ali Khan)
Associate Professor 2009-2016
- In 2009-2010, I conducted classes for Photography, Multimedia-Web for the Fashion Communication and Textile Design in NIFT Kangra as a visiting faculty (Associate Professor)
- In 2009-2010, I had an opportunity for art related hardware & software consultancy for new course module and conducted classes for the Master of Fine Art, Visual Communications for College of Art New Delhi.
- In 2015- 2016 I had conducted classes for the Master of Fine Art, Visual Communications in the for College of Art New Delhi.
Fine Art Jury Member 2013
- Represented as a jury In “Youth Vibe 2013”, The VERTOS are trying to transform the custom of technical and cultural fest by being eager to give all our participants some of the best opportunities.
Fine Art Jury Member 2011
- In 2011-2012, Represented the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as a Fine Art Jury (Photography, Painting, Clay Modeling, Cartooning , Rangoli, Collage, Poster) in “27th Inter University North Zone Youth Festival 2011 “Virsa” organized in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth and Sports, Government of India at Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab.
- In 2005, I conducted one-week national workshop at Delhi for ‘’NIFT’’ faculty members sharing the nuances of the “COREL PAINTER” package on behalf of COREL.
Read the rest of this entry »